About Me

I like to call myself eccentric, while most people prefer crazy, but i firmly believe that it is necessary to be crazy to lead a colourful life

Monday, June 26, 2006

WITH MALICE TOWARDS ONE AND ALL

heres another case of blatant plagiarism but i doubt whether the creator of this title will ever find out or even if he does will find it important enough to sue me for theft of intellectual property. in case there r ppl who dont know where this has been taken from it is the title of khushwant singh's article in hindustan times where in one article he writes abt everything he feels is worth being written about. So here I go

Placement – II

Those who r regular in reading my blog will know what was placement I was so now its turn for the second one. The company is TCS, a very reputed company that is out to hire the world. And it was no different this time around. At the end of the day it recruited a whopping 113 ppl of which I sadly or maybe not so sadly was not a part. And once again i messed up the tech interviews. Got thru the aptis pretty comfortably and then got thrown out in the tech coz I got the bridge rectifier and r-s flip flop wrong. Something was definitely wrong with me. What is it that happens to me during interviews. I am definitely not nervous, not tensed nothing. In both these interviews I have been very normal only to go in and find that the thinking process has stopped. Not again I promised myself. I shall not fail a third time.

Placement – III

This time it is accenture. A company I don’t know a lot abt. A company which everyone says is good. A company I shall apply to coz I feel like a beggar instead of a chooser after 2 failed interviews. So accenture it is. Starts off with a really simple aptitude test. The simplest of the three so far. I was the confident of clearing it abt halfway thru the apti. After that came the gd’s. again a field where I consider myself to be not so bad. And was blessed with a panel with not a lot of speakers. Again got thru that pretty well. There was a moment after the gd when the results were announced. Those stupid ppl chose to call out the names of those rejected and for a few moments my heart was in my mouth. But then things got back on track and I was thru to the interview rounds for the third time. Now comes the real test. At around 1 all the gd’s were done and the long wait for the interviews started. Long it sure was coz I finally got to my first interview at 5. by which I was already frustrated and bored and irritated with the entire process. The first interview was a shocker. One female in blue popularly called as ‘the bitch’ took my interview. No tech anywhere. A pure HR round – rapid fire. Interview over in five minutes and I answered as many questions as any normal speed 20 min interview would have allowed me to. I came out of the interview feeling nothing coz there was not time to feel. It started and ended before I could blink. Needless to say it only served to shatter my already shattered confidence a little more. Then in abt 15 min I was called for the second interview. This one could not have been more different from the first one. Again over in 5 min but much slower and all I answered were questions on my resume and the football world cup. Dint know what to make of it. Whether I was already in and this was just a formality or whether I was already out and this was only a formality. In any case it really was of no consequence of that I am sure. After that came a long and agonizing wait for the results in which period accenture had been really unprofessional with their working chucking out ppl the way they did. Finally at 10 pm after 13 long hours since I stepped in the coll did we get to hear the results. A 13 hours in which all I had were a few biscuits courtesy the most amazing canteen on earth. But guess what………I was in. yes!!!!!!! I had made it thru the interviews. Finally gotten the jinx broken if it can be called that. And I was a relieved man. Now with the placements safely behind me I can concentrate on enjoying myself. Thank u accenture, even tho in all probability I will work there.

Chapter completely closed.

Again this is for my regular readers. And it contains SFE. My erstwhile society. This Sunday saw me at the farewell for the senior council that we had a lot of fun working with. But at the farewell I realized one thing. As far as I am concerned SFE is history and so is my association with it. Being there made me remember all the things I did in the last 2 years and tho I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it and do not regret anything, I am glad it is over. And firmly behind me. So is every coll event this year. No more organizing helping or any such thing. The fourth year is for me. To enjoy. To have fun. To create trouble. To laugh at the organizers. And that I shall do. So finally good bye SFE. It was great working for u, but I have moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment