About Me

I like to call myself eccentric, while most people prefer crazy, but i firmly believe that it is necessary to be crazy to lead a colourful life

Friday, November 18, 2005

Utter Crap--just the way i like it

Well I am back and as the title suggests, actually does not suggest but informs that this is the second time in the day that I am blogging. I don’t know why I am doing this and frankly the why I not sumthin that interests me.
Unlike my future blogs, this one has a topic( for a change) and that is :appearances
The title may not really be apt but what the hell. What I really intend to talk about is the importance of looking good, or the importance that society seems to attach to looking good, or my interpretation as to what importance looking good holds for me. I suspect the post will contain something about all the three without no real interconnetction or flow which is exactly how I want it to be.
Comin back to the topic—everywhere I see ppl r obsessed with looking good. Before I really get into it, let me define what I mean when I say looking good. What I am describing here as looking good is an effort to see that everything about u is just perfect. The clothes r not decided depending on what appears at the top of ur wardrobe. They have been decided after real careful thinking even tho the occasion might be as simple as going out for a walk. Yes I have seen ppl who do that. The factors that r taken into consideration before deciding on what to wear when goin for a walk are as follows:
The clothes should not look too old, too new, too crumpled or too neatly pressed. The colors have to be just right, they need to match or the shirt and trousers when worn together should give the appearance of been given a fair bit of thought. The hair has to be neatly combed, not just neatly, properly with the right amount of bounce, shine and whtever else that hair can ever have. What I fail to understand here is the y part of all this. Y is all this fuss over looks necessary? Isn’t it enough if u just look lookable enough that ppl need not be repelled by ur very appearance? And I don’t think the colour of ur clothes has anything to do with it. So, as long as what u r wearing is decent, as long as nobody has any problems with it, it does not really matter what u wear. Yes sometimes it is necessary to dress up, to look good, to appear as if there has been a lot of thought behind ur appearance. But not always. In fact not at most times. Given a choice between being comfortable and looking good, I would opt for the former. But I know of a lot of ppl who wud happily go for the latter. And mostly the two don’t go hand in hand. If and when they do, fine. No problems with that. I know this attitude will not endeavor me a lot to ladies but then I don’t go out looking to impress ppl do i? and if looking good is what is going to get me there, I am not sure I want to be there at all. This can also be taken as a warning or indication of sorts to anyone who is lookin out for me(I am not sure there r any but still whts the harm) that I will not even try looking good for general occasions. If it something special then I mite give it a shot but still there r no guarantees of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment